Each year in March, the National Panhellenic Conference pauses to celebrate something that brings us all together: ritual. While each NPC group has its own unique and secret ritual, one thing every Panhellenic woman can agree on is that her ritual is near and dear to her heart.
It is important to celebrate ritual, because it is in ritual where the values of the organization are rooted. Without ritual, a fraternity or sorority would not have the shared bond that is does.
This year, Phi Mu has dedicated a week to engage its members, and all members of the Fraternity/Sorority community, and spend a little time focusing on and celebrating ritual. Each day there will be questions on social media, inviting people to reflect on what makes the ritual in their organization so special.
- Sunday March 4 – Phi Mu is kicking off #NRCW2018 by celebrating Founders’ Day on March 4. #166VibrantYears
- Monday March 5 – International Badge Day – Wear your letters over your heart by wearing your badge all day.
- Tuesday March 6 – Tag a Sister Tuesday – Tag someone who you believe lives out her ritual every day
- Wednesday March 7 – Share your favorite line of your organization’s Creed
- Thursday March 8 – International Women’s Day. Phi Mu is encouraging women to celebrate one another, and remember why sisterhood is so important
- Friday March 9 – We are asking how members live out their values. For Phi Mus: How do you carry love, honor and truth with you everywhere you go?
- Saturday March 10 – How will you continue to #CelebrateYourRitual beyond NRCW?
If your chapter needs any resources to help facilitate conversations about how to celebrate your ritual, you can check out the National Ritual Celebration Week page on phimu.org.
Join Phi Mu March 4-10 and #CelebrateYourRitual during #NRCW2018.