This month, are excited to feature the Lambda Epsilon Chapter at Christopher Newport University. Read more about how this chapter is staying connected and serving their campus and community.
Chapter Name: Lambda Epsilon
School Name: Christopher Newport University
Location: Newport News, Virginia
Date Chapter Founded: 1991
Number of Members: 105
Chapter GPA: 3.63
Chapter Philanthropy Event/Monies Raised for CMN Hospitals
- Our chapter has been trying to raise money for our local CMN Hospital in different ways.
- This past month, members donated $128, which was used to buy items from the Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughters’ Amazon Registry.
- We will be hosting a virtual CaptaThon event in the coming months and we are looking forward to helping the hospital and Phi Mu Foundation in any way we can.
Fun Chapter Facts
- Our chapter was tied for the highest GPA on campus for Spring 2020. We tied with our Macon Magnolia sisters, Alpha Delta Pi!
- Our chapter won first place at Gamma Phi Beta’s most recent Best Dance Crew!
Points of Pride
- Lambda Epsilon is so grateful to have earned a variety of honors over the past few years.
- Last year, our chapter was recognized by Phi Mu as having Membership and Academic Excellence, as we continually promote dedication both inside and outside of the classroom.
- Within Christopher Newport’s fraternity and sorority community, our chapter was recognized as having Excellence in Scholarship Support.
- Our alumnae sisters, Caitlyn Snead and Sarah Newell, were recognized as being the Fraternal Community Member of the Year and Servant Leader of the Year, respectively.
Interesting Facts about Our Members
- Our sisters are incredibly involved throughout campus and in the local community.
- Last summer, 10 of our sisters worked at freshmen orientation, helping new students transition into college.
- Many of our members currently serve as student ambassadors, giving tours of campus to prospective students and answering questions.
- We also have sisters working in Residence Life, Auxiliary Services and Alumni Outreach Programs.
- In the local community, our sisters are incredibly engaged in service. We have sisters volunteering in the Newport News school system, mentorship programs, health services, advocacy initiatives and much more!
Staying Connected During COVID-19
- Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, our sisters have been staying connected through several virtual platforms.
- Last semester, our chapter had our Sisterhood Retreat over Zoom, where we were able to bond with each other and have fun!
- This semester, we just had a virtual paint night and we are looking forward to virtual mixers and events with other organizations on campus.